Photos are some of the most treasured possessions of a person. They bear evidence of the best moments of the past. However many times it so happens that we discover that these very memories have got tarnished by age, neglect, dust or some mistake on our own part. Today the next step to such discoveries is not to throw them away with a heavy heart but to restore them with the help of the many photo recovery software found in the market. If not in the mood to scour the market for them these are also available for free on the net. To help you as you set out to restore your memories here are some of the top photo recovery software in the market.
The top ranking among all photo recovery software is the “Adobe Photoshop”. Adobe took the market by storm since the time it was released in 1990. Today the latest version of the software available in the market is “Adobe Photoshop CS” and burns a fair sized hole in your pocket but not without a good reason. A lot of development and advancement has been put into this new version of the software.
Second in terms of preference is GIMP. This photo recovery software can be downloaded for free from the net. The best part about this is that it is built around the open source framework. This means that users themselves volunteer to improve the software as they deem to be fit. Though this shares a large number of its features with Photoshop and users can get the same end results as Adobe the only disadvantage of this is that users have to put in slightly more of effort.
Lastly is Photoshop Elements. This is just a simpler version of Adobe though this does not stop it from being immensely popular with the users. The basic tools present in Adobe are broadly available here too though the users may miss out on some of the more advanced features. However for those interested there is an advanced version of the software “Adobe Photoshop Elements 9”.
While researching on the net you may come across a term known as the Photo Repair software. While it essentially is the same thing it is always better to opt for the Photo recovery Software as they give you a better result at the end of the day.
For amateurs in this field there is no need to worry the process is very simple. All it takes is five steps:
- Scanning: In order to make sure that you get the digital files of the photos, it is best to scan the photos. Scan the photos at 300 dpi (dots per inch) and save the file as a TIFF file so as to save it for future use without damaging the file.
- Cropping: The quality of the photo can be reasonably improved by cropping out the unwanted background as well as the damaged areas.
- Adjusting the light: Over time many photos fade and the brightness gets damaged. To improve on them you need to adjust the lighting with auto adjustment tools or the brightness control tool available on most software.
- Correct the color: Most software developers have included a color correction or restoration tool that allows you to turn back the wheels of time.
- Remove the scratches blur: Lastly using the tools available on the photo recovery software you can do away with the blurring and the scratches that have accumulated over the years.And voila just five steps later you have your memory intact and the photo is restored to its former glory. Simple and yet effective it helps you relive your memories. So bring out your old photos and see today’s technology restore them before your very eyes.